Good morning Twins fans! We're over the "hump" of the season. Here are some PEDs-free links to enjoy*:
- All-Star Glen Perkins earned a couple of special Sports Illustrated mentions last Friday (in case you missed it).
- *Covers ears* LAH LAH LAH HERE IS AN ARTICLE ON POSSIBLE TRADE DESTINATIONS FOR JUSTIN MORNEAU LAH LAH LAH
- I don't want to seem bias, so here is a counter-point article: "Just Say No to Trading Justin Morneau"
- 1500ESPN's Brandon Warne talks about a possible swap between two other Canadians on the Twins roster.
- Everyone and USA Today is fawning over how ridiculously photogenic second baseman Brian Dozier is. "He's just letting it fly," Gardenhire said.
- Carl Pohlad's Twins' legacy lives on--in tax court.
- Yahoo!'s Darin McGilvra argues Pedro "P-Flo" Florimon is the best defensive shortstop in the league--and the defensive metrics apparently agree.
- If you are wondering about the Twins recently demoted rookie--Oswaldo Arcia--here is Gardy's take: "I like to have his bat up here... but you could tell it was in his head. He was missing pitches by a foot, and wasn't seeing the ball." Read what else Gardy had to say.
* If you do want to hear more about the recent MLB PEDs scandal, you can check out theses articles: "Ryan Braun admits 'some mistakes,' accepts PED suspension" (Mark Sandritter), "Ryan Braun: Sorta smart and highly normal" (Rob Neyer), "Ryan Braun doesn't owe Dino Laurenzi, Jr. a damn thing" (Bill Parker), "Ryan Braun: Liar" (Steven Goldman).