Probables (all games FSN)
- Tonight, 7:05pm: Liam Hendriks vs Yu Darvish
- Saturday, 7:05pm: Mike Pelfrey vs Matt Garza
- Sunday, 2:05pm: Kevin Correia vs Travis Blackley
- The Rangers have won 22 of 28 games, and lead the AL West by three over Oakland. They are, in short, a virtual lock to make the playoffs.
- At least one person thinks that Yu Darvish could win the Cy Young this year. Meanwhile, this article could be titled "Rangers have everything, still not happy."
- Also from ESPN Dallas: "The weekend sets up for a Rangers' sweep of Minnesota." Well, yeah.
- On Tuesday, for the first time in franchise history, Texas won an extra-inning game where the winning run scored on a balk. It's all coming up Rangers!
- Joe Mauer wants to get back in the lineup when he's healthy, rather than just shutting things down for the year. "Good for him," said Twins fans across Minnesota, while clutching their chests in fear of Mauer getting hurt again or not coming back at all or geez Joe would you just get healthy we need this please be okay.
- If Brian Dozier hits another homer, he'll set the team record for homers by a second baseman; he's tied on 14 right now with - you guessed it! - Tim Teufel.
- Oswaldo Arcia likely won't play in this series, thanks to a sore shoulder that would have put him on the disabled list if it wasn't pretty much September already.
- Since June 1, Pedro Florimon has a .573 OPS. If extended over a full year, that would by some distance make him the worst hitter in the league (non-Alcides Escobar division).