- Tonight, 7:10pm, FSN: Liam Hendriks vs Jarrod Parker
- Wednesday, 7:10pm, FSN: Mike Pelfrey vs Sonny Gray
- Thursday, 12:10pm, NO TV: Kevin Correia vs. A.J. Griffin
Note: if you're going to any of the games this week, be sure to pick up a scorecard, as a writer from a site not a million miles from here wrote the Dugout Splinters for the Twins.
- We haven't seen the A's play the Twins this year, so an update: Oakland has a lineup made up of a bunch of guys you've never heard of, a couple of Red Sox castoffs, and Josh Redick. Their pitching staff is four young guys and Bartolo Colon. Their bullpen is anchored by Grant Balfour. So naturally - naturally! - they have the AL's second-best record and are headed to the playoffs.
- Gray, Wednesday's starting pitcher, is at least one person's pick for the most important call-up of the season. He replaced Tommy Milone in the Oakland rotation, and it's worth noting that no current Twins pitcher has an ERA as good as Milone's 4.28.
- Third baseman Josh Donaldson got Sunday off to rest a sore right quad. My guess is he'll be back in the lineup tonight, though.
- Reliever Dan Otero won't be available until Wednesday, due to his wife delivering their child.
- Entering Monday night's game, Brian Dozier had the team's highest slugging percentage since the All-Star Break, at .490.
- Chris Colabello says he's tweaked his mechanics, which helps explain why he's stopped striking out in eight out of every ten trips to the plate.
- Chris Herrmann is making plans to play winter ball. Viva el beisbol!