- Today, 1:10pm, FSN: Andrew Albers vs. Paul Clemens
- Tuesday, 7:10pm, FSN: TBD vs. Jarred Cosart
- Wednesday, 1:10pm, NO TV: Liam Hendriks vs. Jordan Lyles
- Houston is 45-91 and was mathematically eliminated in the AL West on August 27. So things could be worse, Twins fans.
- Phillip Humber got turfed out of the Astros rotation earlier this year (and think of how depressing that must have been for him), but he's back in the majors as an Anthony Swarzak-style long man. His August 30 outing - two hits and a run in 3.1 innings - is probably his best performance this year, so things are looking up for the former Twin.
- Brett Oberholtzer pitched Houston's first complete game of the season on Sunday, beating Seattle 2-0. The Astros were one of two teams in the majors - Baltimore is the other - that didn't have a single complete game this year. Houston now joins the ranks of the one-shutout teams - there are six, including the Twins.
- Joe Mauer is hitting off a tee and continuing to make progress in his recovery from a brain injury, and could be back as soon as Friday, says Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com.
- Josmil Pinto made his major-league debut at catcher on Sunday, going 2-4 with an RBI. Also of note: Chris Colabello was Pinto's translator post-game. That Colabello can do it all, I tell you.
- Phil Miller says that Oswaldo Arcia is also on the road to recovery from a sore wrist that's kept him out of the lineup.