Probables (all games FSN - sorry, FSN)
- Tonight, 7:10: Mike Pelfrey vs. Justin Verlander
- Tuesday, 7:10: Scott Diamond vs. Doug Fister
- Wednesday, 7:10: Kevin Correia vs. Max Scherzer
- Detroit's magic number is 2; they could clinch as soon as tonight, if Cleveland loses to Chicago. NOTE: Minnesota does not have a pool.
- If the playoffs began today, Detroit would be on the road at Oakland in the first round.
- Miguel Cabrera left Saturday's game early with a sore groin, and didn't play Sunday.
- Let's all just hope Joe Mauer is okay. Officially, his return date on MLB.com is listed as "possibly 2014," and that "possibly" is the terrifying part.
- Pelfrey's 5.34 ERA is third-highest in major-league baseball, among guys who threw at least 140 innings.
- Among players with 100 innings pitched, Diamond (3.49) and Correia (5.05) had the second- and fourth-worst strikeout rates in the majors.
- According to FanGraphs, the Tigers' starting pitchers have been worth 23.6 WAR this year. The Twins starters? 4.3, worst in the majors.