Hey Twins fans! I did all the digging and found out what is Currently Going On in Twins Land:
- CBS Sports is looking at the best single-season at every position for each MLB team, and today they take on our own Minnesota Twins. Guess who's at catcher!??!
- In case you missed it, Baseball America ranked the Twins' Top Ten Prospects. Yawn.
- Sports Illustrated returned the Twins' off-season report card, and the Twins did awesome (as long as you weren't expecting an A)!
- Looks like all of you Twins fans planning to attend the Treasure Island Twins Caravan Stop are going to have to settle:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Correction...Phil Hughes will not be at Treasure Island Wednesday but, yes, Rod Carew will be there. My mistake.</p>— Dick Bremer (@dbremer_pxp) <a href="https://twitter.com/dbremer_pxp/statuses/425652947645505537">January 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- Fox Sports Wisconsin and Fox Sports North recently teamed up to send a TV crew to the Dominican Republic to do a documentary on Carlos Gomez and Miguel Sano. TwinsBaseball.com has a long article about it.
- Move over Alex Meyers: Andrew Albers spends his off-season substitute teaching AND playing basketball--IN CANADA.
- You probably didn't hear about it, but the Metrodome died (for real this time) on Saturday morning. The roof was deflated around 7 am to avoid large groups of gawkers hanging around and watching it deflate (because this is Minnesota and we all know that would have happened). To remember our statewide rec-room, here's a video of the time 60,000 people showed up on a Monday night to welcome home the American League Champion Minnesota Twins:
- lol just kidding. The Dome isn't dead yet! We're going to drag this sucker out as long as possible. Here's an update on the progress:
The wrecking ball is at work! #NewVikingsStadium pic.twitter.com/WeAQzOsRlL— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) January 21, 2014