Welcome to Tuesday Twins talk! Here are some of today's notes:
- It seemed impossible, but Tom Powers is reporting that Joe Mauer has gotten even more boring.
- Pedro Florimon's recovery from having his appendix removed in February is apparently going a bit slow. As the West Central Tribune put it: "'I'm not worried,' said Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, looking exceedingly worried."
- Oswaldo Arcia has apparently been sick, and the team staff told him to go home last weekend before he infected everyone on the team a la the awesome stomach flu of 2011.
- The Sporting News has a long and detailed preview of the Twins 2014 season. Good news: they think we can finish in fourth place!
- The Target Field grounds crew began removing snow from Target Field during yesterday's heat wave. Less than a month to go!
- With the All-Star Game coming to Target Field this summer, Minneapolis lawmakers are proposing a bill that would allow bars surrounding the event to stay open until 4 am.
- Obligatory Byron Buxton article with videos.