Good morning Twins fans! Here are this week's links:
- PANIC: Byron Buxton sat out of his minor league games yesterday because of a bruised elbow. (PANIC.)
- Want more doom and gloom? Jim Souhan's got that for you.
- Despite the All-Star Game, the Twins could end up selling fewer tickets this year than they did the last year in the Metrodome. Sales are reportedly down 9%.
- Ron Gardenhire says he would be ok with splitting catching time between Kurt Suzuki and rookie Josmil Pinto, noting "[Pinto] doesn't have to be an everyday guy[.]"
- But everyone just freaking loves Kurt Suzuki. "I love him," Glen Perkins told ESPN1500's Phil Mackey. One unnamed teammate compared him to former backup catcher Mike Redmond.
- The Star Tribune has a piece on Twins minor leaguer Alex Wimmers and the struggles he has faced in his professional career.
- There is good news: May 18th, 2014, the Twins are giving away a Sid Hartman bobblehead.