Soundtrack: "Under the Pressure," The War On Drugs
- Spring Training Positive Thing: Aaron Hicks went 4-for-4 last night. As Mike Berardino notes, Hicks' batting average has risen 86 points since Rob Antony pissed in everyone's corn flakes earlier this week.
- Speaking of Berardino and Antony, here are some Twins' reactions to the assistant GM's criticism.
- Spring Training Negative Thing #1: Hicks also fell rounding first on what would have been a double and was part of a double play in the next at-bat. He also overthrew the cutoff man again. Yes, Gardy noticed this.
- Spring Training Negative Thing #2: Scott Diamond had a shutout going before he loaded the bases in the 5th. Brian Deunsing entered and Evan Longoria cleared them with a double that Oswaldo Arcia couldn't get to. I dread that I may have to write "Oswaldo Arcia couldn't get to" a lot during my game recaps this year.
- Friend of the blog and area hip-hop enthusiast Nick Nelson has a good recap of last night's game along with some other hot takes over at Twins Daily.
- Finally, Jamey Carroll is vying for the 25th spot on the Nationals 25-man roster at the age of 40. Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post has the story.