Real Twins baseball is finally here! Just not today. But please enjoy these links:
- The Twins today unveiled this year's new dining options at Target Field. Personally, I think the Valentini's "Slugger" sounds awesome, but if it costs an arm and a leg (which it probably will) I'll probably pass.
- Want to know what doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Tickets to the Twins home opener.
- The Twins must be banking off all those concessions or something, because Forbes released its annual team-by-team evaluation report and the Twins are doing surprisingly well.
- The Facebook data team made a map of the USA showing the most popular MLB team in each county, and also proving nobody likes the Mets.
- Two replay-system monitors in the Twins clubhouse were disable yesterday due to blown fuses. "How's that going to work out? I get to kick dirt again?" Gardenhire asked.
- The Huffington Post has this salute to the original "worst-to-first" winners, which makes me feel all tingly and I'm never going to let go of this.
- It only took one game for Jim Souhan to jump back on board the Aaron Hicks wagon.
- Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press asks why NOT bat Kurt Suzuki second?