Toronto Blue Jays (7-6)
Minnesota Twins (6-6)
- Tonight, 7:10pm, FSN: Phil Hughes vs. Brandon Morrow
- Wednesday, 7:10pm, FSN: Mike Pelfrey vs. R.A. Dickey
- Thursday, 12:10pm, NO TV: Kyle Gibson vs. Dustin McGowan
- Traditionally, the Twins suck versus the Jays. In the last 25 match-ups between the two teams, the Twins have only won five times.
- Jose Bautista has 10 career home runs at Target Field, the most of any non-Twins player and only one fewer than Joe Mauer.
- Since 2010, Jose Bautista has hit 16 home runs total against the Twins, the most of any non-Miguel Cabrera player (and even Miggy, a frequent divisional foe, has only hit one more).
- Jose Bautista is healthy and will be playing against the Twins this series.
- It's going to be COLD. Game temperatures look to be in the 30s for every game, even Thursday's day game. So hopefully Jose Bautista doesn't like the cold.
- The Twins aren't the only team to suffer unfortunate injuries: Blue Jay's infielder Maicer Izturis is likely out for the season after he tripped down the dugout stairs on Sunday and tore his lateral collateral ligament.
- Toronto's Melky Cabrera is on a 13-game hitting streak to open the season, setting a franchise record. He's also hit four home runs during the streak. So hopefully Melky also does not like the cold.