Los Angeles Dodgers (14-12)
Minnesota Twins (12-11)
Tonight, 7:10pm CDT, FSN: Kyle Gibson vs. Zach Greinke
- Wednesday, 7:10pm CDT, FSN: Kyle Gibson vs. Zach Grinke
- Thursday, 12:10pm CDT, FSN & MLBN: Mike Pelfrey vs. TBD (Dan Haren?)
- Thursday, 6:10pm CDT, FSN: TBD vs. TBD (Josh Beckett?)
- Due to the ongoing monsoons in the Twin Cities, tonight's game has been postponed. The make up game is scheduled for Thursday at 6:10pm (if it stops raining by then).
- If it doesn't stop raining, another game could be postponed, and there is a very real possibility that this could happen. If that happens, the only viable day to schedule a make-up game would be May 19th. It would be an especially sucky scenario for the Dodgers, because it would require them to travel back to the Twin Cities in the middle of a home stand.
- The postponed game has also thrown a wrench into the probable pitching match-up for the series. The Twins have officially announced that Kyle Gibson will pitch Wednesday and Mike Pelfrey will pitch the first game of the double header on Thursday, but have not yet announced who will pitch in the night game. Samuel Deduno is a probable candidate, but with the special 26th roster spot available for Thursday's double header the Twins may opt to call up an AAA pitcher to make the start. The most likely candidates would be Kris Johnson or Trevor May. Scott Diamond is also available, but is not on the 40-man roster.
- The Twins have another major issue with their starting pitching to address: Ricky Nolasco was at the Wild game last night wearing a Dodgers hat.
- While the Twins have been hot, winning four of their last six games, the Dodgers have not been hot, losing five of their last seven.
- Trevor Plouffe had to get stitches in his arm after being hit by a pitch on Saturday, but is cleared to continue playing.
- The Dodgers are sitting on 9,999 all-time wins, and it is the Twins' (or Mother Nature's) job to make sure the historic 10,000th win does not happen in Minnesota.
- Legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully only travels to away games on the west coast, so he will not be making it to Minnesota. Even if he did still travel with the team, he probably wouldn't come here based on how much he complained about Minnesota weather on Sunday. Also during the Dodgers-Rockies on Sunday, Vin referred to Justin Morneau as "Big Butter Egg Man".
- Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis is recovering from knee surgery. Drew Butera has been catching in his place.
- Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez bruised his right thumb Saturday and is day-to-day.