Baseball is finally back in the Twin Cities! Here are some links to help you celebrate:
- Minnesota Twin Chris Colabello was named co-American League Player of the Week! (Josh Hamilton was the other one but I don't know why you would care about that.)
- Even Fantasy Baseball advice-givers are starting to recommend a Colabello pick-up.
- Dying to sit on the old bench from the Twins dugout in the Metrodome? You're in luck!
- Last Wednesday, Ron Gardenhire wrote the Twins lineup on a napkin and taped it to the wall.
- Jason Kubel is glad to be back with the Twins. Proof: When fans in left field gave him ovation and chanted his name he actually smiled at us.
- I can't get over how Minnesotan this article about the weather during the home opener is.
- Vita.mn doesn't think Target Field concessions are fat enough. Oh, the Chicago White Sox have a three pound, 4,000 calorie ice cream Sunday? Guess how many calories are in just one small Leinenkugel's boat of fried cheese curds, Vita.mn?
- According to Dave St. Peter, the Twins made "significant" offers to Matt Garza, Ervin Santana, AJ Pierzynski, and Rajai Davis--but they were all rejected. (This means you can't complain about the Twins being cheap.)
- Unique to all ballparks except maybe Wrigley, people just want to be at Target Field. ("We have a season-ticket base of 17,000 at Target Field. We never had 17,000 season tickets at the Dome and we won the World Series twice in that building.")