Sorry all, there will be no Lightning Round this week. You can either blame it on the author being lazy in collecting GIFs, tweets, and videos, or you can attribute it to few noteworthy clips happening this week.
- Both Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg and Mets first baseman Lucas Duda got sick last weekend and they blamed it on food poisoning from the Shake Shack at Citi Field.
- Chris Cwik shows us how prospect lists are made.
- The Twins aren't the only ones having their young players screwed by injuries. A couple years ago it was Stephen Strasburg. Last year was Matt Harvey. This year it's Jose Fernandez.
- Felix Hernandez was ejected for the first time in his 10-year career.
- The weather hasn't been great here in Minnesota, but at least we're not Colorado where it snowed.
- Yu Darvish just missed a perfect game last week when his defense misplayed a fly-ball from David Ortiz. Normally that play would be called a hit, but the official scorer gave the Rangers defense an error and it was absolutely the right call, even though neither Rougned Odor and Alex Rios never touched the ball. After all, if the play could have been made with ordinary effort and it still isn't, then it's an error.