SOUNDTRACK: "Stuck In The Metal," Eagles of Death Metal
- Eddie Rosario is back from wherever he was and playing for the Fort Myers Miracle. Per Brice Zimmerman, he batted third and played center field on Thursday night. He went 0 for 3 with two walks.
- Jim Mandelaro reports that Chris Herrmann left Thursday's Rochester Red Wings game with a hurty wrist incurred while bat-swinging.
- You all saw 50 Cent throw what looked like the worst first pitch of all time earlier this week. But sometimes looks can be deceiving. Was this the worst? Wither Carly Rae Jepsen? Well, science, via the Washington Post, has confirmed your intuition that Mr. Cent was indeed the worst what's ever been. He's been shot in the face a lot, so he'll get over your mockery.
- I enjoyed Aaron Gleeman's breakdown of Aaron Hicks' move away from the switchhittery.
- Speaking of Gleems, his tweet on Jason Kubel's struggles in the last 35 games. I mean, gee whiz.
- Local robe enthusiast Parker Hageman has an analysis of Joe Mauer's struggles at the plate that is essential reading.
- As long as we're dwelling on the negativity, there is one team in MLB with a starting rotation ERA above 5.00. Guess who. (h/t Berardino)
- Yeah, the Twins are in a rough patch and they're now going to where hope dies, but the Royals can't stop being the Royals even when they have talent.
- Perhaps you'd like to read a story about Mariano Rivera III? The S and B Nation does a good job on the longform.