Minnesota Twins (24-27)
New York Yankees (28-24)
- Tonight, 6:05 pm CDT, FSN: Vidal Nuno vs. Ricky Nolasco
- Saturday, 12:05 pm CDT, FSN & MLBN: Masahiro Tanaka vs. Kevin Correia
- Sunday, 12:05 pm CDT, FSN: Chase Whitley vs. Phil Hughes
- The Yankees come into tonight's series four games above .500, having won four of their last five games.
- The Twins come into tonight's series three games blow .500, having lost four of their last five games. Fart noise.
- Twins center fielder Aaron Hicks has sat out for the last two games with back spasms, and he won't be back tonight. Rookie shortstop Danny Santana will start in center field instead, and he'll bat lead-off. Extended fart noise.
- Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira has sat out the last three games with a wrist injury, but don't worry! He's back in the lineup tonight. In case you were wondering, Teixeira is 4-for-8 with a home run off tonight's starter Ricky Nolasco.
- Brian Roberts--who is, in-fact, alive--is 5-for-7 (.715 BA) in his career against Ricky Nolasco.
- I'm not even going to go into the other match-ups against Nolasco because it is too depressing.
- I lied. Brian McCann, Fun Police, is 20-for-58 (.345 BA) with eight home runs and 23 RBIs off Nolasco.
- Maybe go out and enjoy tonight with friends and family instead of watching the game.
- Saturday will be an interesting pitching match-up: No Twins batter has ever faced Yankees starter Masahiro Tanaka, and no Yankees batter has ever faced Twins starter Kevin Correia. Hey--it could be a pitchers' duel!
- You know how Jason Kubel has been a bit of a Yankee-killer for the Twins in the past? Don't bet on it now. Kubel has never faced any of the pitchers scheduled to start this weekend, and you might have noticed he's been in just a little bit of a slump lately.
- Most importantly, Brian Dozier spent the day in Washington Square Park with a giant All-Star Ballot.