Good news! After being convinced that I would not be selected in the drawing to buy All-Star Game tickets, my fiancee received an email earlier this week saying that our opportunity would finally come tomorrow. It doesn't matter to me where we sit in Target Field, I'm just happy to get the chance to go now. A very fitting way to start our honeymoon, considering our wedding is during the prior weekend.
- Crazy injuries keep popping up. This time it's Matt Cain hitting the disabled list when he cut his finger when a knife slipped out of his hand when he was trying to cut a sandwich into triangles. Seriously.
- The new trend is to offer long-term contracts to prospects before their debut, and then refuse to call them up when they turn down the offer. It apparently happened to the Astros' George Springer last year (who has done little to prove he belongs in the majors) and now it's happening to the Pirates' Gregory Polanco. I'm going to guess that MLB may need to revisit the service time rules sometime soon.
- The Marlins were accused of sign-stealing just because Aaron Harang gave up 9 runs in 4 2/3 innings.
- They were briefly teammates from 2009 to 2011, so I suppose that's why Josh Reddick felt the need to get a Dustin Pedroia bobblehead.
- Nolan Arenado makes a great toss while falling down to double up a runner at 3rd base.
- Wil Myers hit an inside-the-park home run.
- Myers may have also briefly fallen asleep in the field.
- Jose Abreu is drawing attention for his bat, but now it's his defense thanks to the always amusing "throw the whole glove to his teammate" play.
- Every year we see amazing catches, and the latest is from Louisiana State outfielder Jared Foster.