Good morning Twins fans! Here are today's links:
- You may have already heard this, but the Twins unveiled a new bronze statue Sunday of
Bert BlylevenTC Bear outside of Target Field.
- Terry Ryan sounds like he is back to near full-time management of the 40-man roster.
- Class A manager Doug Mientkiewicz is convinced prospect pitcher Jose Berrios will be "a number one or number two" starting pitcher in the majors one day.
- With a 0.99 ERA and 0.62 WHIP as a setup man for the Cardinals, we could very well be seeing former Twin and Minneapolis area native Pat Neshek at Target Field for the All-Star Game. Neshek's life all-around has been looking up.
- Justin Morneau told the Star Tribune's Phil Miller why we would really love to make it to the All-Star Game, and no, I'm fine, I just have something stuck in my eye...
- Remember that pitcher we got in the Justin Morneau trade who we later traded back to the Pirates for someone else? He's getting Tommy John's surgery.
- Apparently the Twins AA affiliate the New Britain Rock Cats want to move the team out of town, and area residents are not happy about it.
- Twins first-round draft pick Nick Gordon talked about how he models his game after his baseball idol,
his father Tom "Flash" Gordon his brother Dee GordonDerek Jeter.
- Although the Twins asked him to think about it, Jason Kubel doesn't sound interested in playing in the minors.