Welcome to July! Here are some lunch-time links for you to enjoy:
- Apparently Bruce Chen pissed-off a Minnesotan stripper for
throwing too many times to first basebeing cheap.
- Ricky Nolasco: is he really this bad? At least one person says no.
- Beyond the Box Score argues that Joe Mauer and Matt Carpenter are like the same person.
- In case you missed it, the Twins are hosting the All Star Game this year, and it's a big freaking deal. So much so that they are making a temporary Target store outside of Target Field downtown. Wow.
- Brian Dozier and Kurt Suzuki don't think it's a biggie though.
- Meanwhile, bow-tie wearing Ken Rosenthal took the time to write about how Joe Mauer and Glen Perkins messed up the perfect home-town boys' story.
- William Henry Binga is the first player in Minnesota to have his unmarked grave marked by the Negro Leagues Baseball Grave Marker Project. Binga played for the St. Paul Colored Gophers and Minneapolis Keystones in the early 20th century.
- The Twins decided to dress up in ugly suits for their last road trip.
- Previously link for some reason didn't include Brian Dozier's epic camouflage suit (and Joe Mauer's relatively normal-looking suit. My god, could anything be more predictable?)