First Pich: 3:10pm CDT
Radio: K-TWIN, TIBN
Know Thine Enemy: Purple Row
- The Twins won't need a fifth starter for another ten days, but they've chosen to keep Kris Johnson on the roster anyway. Which seems like a waste, but I'm not calling the shots. You may have noticed this to be the case.
- Kevin Correia's ERA in his last six starts: 2.43.
- Just as cold as Correia is hot: Eduardo Escobar. He's hitting .143/.175/.182 in his last 21 games
- JUSTIN MORNEAU IS PARTICIPATING IN THE HOME RUN DERBY.
- Carlos Gonzalez is 6-for-17 with three home runs versus Correia in his career. Nobody else has hit him much at all.
- 23-year old rookie Tyler Matzek coasts versus lefties (.633 OPS) but right-handed hitters have had significantly more success (.791 OPS).
|MINNESOTA TWINS||COLORADO ROCKIES|
|Brian Dozier - 2B||C. Blackmon - CF|
|Eduardo Escobar - SS||Carlos Gonzalez - RF|
|Kendrys Morales - 1B||Troy Tulowitzki - SS|
|Trevor Plouffe - 3B||Justin Morneau - 1B|
|Oswaldo Arcia - RF||Nolan Arenado - 3B|
|Josh Willingham - LF||Corey Dickerson - LF|
|Sam Fuld - CF||Mike McKenry - C|
|Eric Fryer - C||DJ LeMahieu - 2B|
|Kevin Correia - RHP||Tyler Matzek - LHP|