Yohan Pino only made it 6.1 innings for the Twins tonight, giving up the lead early with three runs in the top of the third, and another run later in the top of the fifth. The Twins kept it close, scoring a run in the fourth and another in the seventh, but... yeah.
Brian Dozier was the best news for the Twins tonight, hitting his 19th home run on the season, in addition to a single and a double. He was only a triple from the cycle.
After that, the news gets... not so good. I mean, Oswaldo Arcia was able to score on a force out from Sam Fuld, but that's about it.
The Twins did keep it close until the ninth inning with a score of 4-2. Unfortunately, our old friend Matty Guerrier couldn't really hold it together in the top of the ninth. Nick Swisher hit a ground rule double, and was subsequently driven in by a Yan Gomes double after him. Matt got Daniel Murphy and Mike Aviles to ground out before walking Jason Kipnis. That's when hell broke lose. Chris Dickerson singled, and Carlos Santana smoothly doubled to drive in the Indians' eight run.
The Twins failed to come back from the 8-2 deficit.
- Brian Dozier: 5-for-3, 1 Home Run, 1 RBI, 1 Run.
- Brian Duensing: 1.2 perfect IP (that means no hits, walks, or errors). 3 strike outs.
- Matty Guerrier: 1 IP, 4 earned runs, 4 hits, 2 walks, 0 strikeouts.
- Trevor Plouffe: 0-for-5, 0 hits, 0 walks, 0 RBI, 3 strikeouts.
- Josh Willingham: 0-for-4, 0 hits, 0 walks, 2 strikeouts.
Presenting your top five commentators of the night!