Are you getting excited for the All-Star Game? Here's all the latest on the happenings as Minneapolis gears up for big week:
- 36 hours into voting, Justin Morneau is narrowly in the lead over the Cubs Anthony Rizzo for the final NL roster spot. KEEP VOTING!
- "I've never been a guy who's especially fond of talking about myself, so this feels a little crazy," Justin told the Star Tribune. "I've always tried to be honest, so I'm not going to lie: I really want to be there." Pretty strong words for Justin.
- In case you hadn't heard, Alex Meyer will be replacing the injured Trevor May in the All-Star Futures game to be held Sunday.
- ESPN1500's Phil Mackey and Derek Wetmore recorded a podcast with Twins president Dave St. Peter discussing all of the activities that will be going on in conjunction with the game.
- FOOD. Yes--food. Target Field will be offering special All-Star Game food items and they are a bit ridiculous (a hot dog wrapped inside a bratwurst??)
- Paul Molitor took a little time to reflect on his odd All-Star Game appearances (like the time he played center field in the Metrodome).
- The Twins are hosting an All-Star Movie Night at Target Field Station this Friday. They will be showing The Sandlot, followed by Money Ball, and FREE popcorn.
- Still want to go to the game? While ticket prices are still very costly, prices have actually dropped slightly since May. Forbes reports that secondary-market ticket prices for this year's game are actually the lowest they've been since 2011. Yikes.
- And then there's this:
- I leave you with a final message from Joe Mauer, and his short shorts:
Here's your chance to cream Bert Blyleven with a pie, or vice-versa, whatever you are into pic.twitter.com/1ult6uM4Vw— RandBall (@RandBall) July 8, 2014