- Joe Mauer and Ricky Nolasco will begin rehab stints in Cedar Rapids on Tuesday.
- Nolasco, who has thrown bullpen sessions on back-to-back days with another coming today, will start Tuesday's game (with a 50-pitch limit) and then make a second start (75-pitch limit) before being eligible to return to the Twins.
- Mauer will start at first base or designated hitter for the Kernels on Tuesday.
- Both players are expected to stay the week in Cedar Rapids, but may join Minnesota in Houston when the series kicks off on Monday, August 11.
- It sounds like teams other than the Twins inquired on left-handed pitcher Tommy Milone, who seemed like a good buy-low candidate as a cost-controlled and seemingly effective pitcher who was stuck in the minor leagues due to talent on the Major League roster. But Sam Fuld was the only Major League player being offered in return, which apparently swung the deal since Oakland "had an immediate need in center field." The A's will keep Fuld through 2015.
- Jim Souhan doesn't mind the contract given to Kurt Suzuki, even though he can't help but reminisce about the good old days when, y'know, six million really meant something. But he shares the same concerns as the rest of us: what the contract really says is that the Twins don't have a great deal of faith in Josmil Pinto being able to catch a full slot of games anytime soon.
We'll see you back here for the game!