Good morning folks! Here are today's links:
- Glen Perkins is on the tentative roster to play for the US against Japan's national team in a five-game series in November. Brian Dozier and Phil Hughes could join him.
- Hey, guess who has the highest batting average in the NL? Justin Morneau (.317). Second highest? Ben Revere (.311).
- Remember when Duluth Pack made those purses and bags out of the old Metrodome roof? Now they've upped the ante with purses and bags made out of the old Metrodome baggie in right field.
- The Twins extended their affiliation with the AAA Rochester Red Wings through 2016.
- Star Tribune's Phil Miller looked at the new practice of delaying games before it even begins raining and got Gardenhire's take on it.
- Oswaldo Arcia didn't play the first game of the double header on Saturday because he had been up all night at the hospital with his infant son, Oswell, who was sick (he's all well now).
- Our good friend Dave DeLand over at the SCTimes argues that we need to stop rewarding the Twins and lower beer prices at Target Field, because the team sucks.
- Joe Mauer and Kennys Vargas won't be making any position changes.
- So what does that mean for Josmil Pinto? Nick Nelson pondered the question.