Hey Twins fans! Here are some links to enjoy this afternoon:
- Joe Mauer is rehabbing in Iowa wearing number 16, because Joe Vavra's son has played for the Kernels all year and he wears number 7. "He was going to give it up," Mauer said. "But these guys have been playing well, and I don't want to mess anything up." Classic Joe!
- All the guys down in Cedar Rapids are super excited to have Joe around for a couple days too. When asked his first impressions of Joe, Kernel player Chad Christensen responded, "He seems a lot like Jake. Looks like Jake, acts like Jake, sounds like Jake."
- Mike Berardino has a great piece about Kennys Vargas and his diet and conditioning, in which Kennys reveals, "I don't like salad. I eat just meat."
- Lee Judge for the Kansas City Star took a very close look at Kurt Suzuki and how he prepares to call a game, including a video interview. Great piece.
- In case you hadn't heard, Glen Perkins is a big fat statistics nerd and he loves looking at nerdy numbers. Nerd.
- HOW ABOUT THAT DANNY SANTANA?
- Twins Daily's Nick Nelson also asks, "How about that Danny Santana?" (More or less.)
- Presented without comment: