Winning is always nice. Here are your bullet-point highlights from yesterday's contest.
- Paul Molitor and Chris Colabello had a bro-hug before the game. It was sweet.
- Kennys Vargas and Eddie Rosario homered. This, too, was sweet.
- Kyle Gibson went three innings, allowing a run but otherwise looking like he was clearly in warm-up mode. Seven of those outs game off of ground balls.
- Aaron Hicks picked up another hit, and he also threw out Russell Martin in the bottom of the first when he tried to go from first to third on a single.
- Gibson's wild pitch in the second eventually ed to the run he allowed.
- Eric Fryer flashed his plus arm by gunning down Devon Travis in the third inning.
- Byron Buxton was 0-for-1 with two walks and a run scored.
- Tim Stauffer got his butt kicked. Five hits and a walk in two and two-thirds. Oof. The fact that he only allowed two runs is kind of a silver lining. I guess.
- J.R. Graham, A.J. Achter, and Stephen Pryor combined for 3.1 scoreless frames to close out the game.
Enjoy the gallery!