First Pitch: 1:10pm CDT
Radio: Go 96.3, TIBN, BOB FM
Know Thine Enemy: Bluebird Banter
- Coming into today, Eduardo Nunez is batting .353/.405/.588. That's a 1.388 OPS versus righties and .671 versus lefties, even if it's just 15 and 19 at-bats versus each respectively. Today will make the first set of back-to-back games for Nunez since May 19 and 20 versus Pittsburgh.
- In his last three starts, Nolasco has given the Twins 18.2 innings of work and a 2.41 ERA. I'm not sure how reality will hold up if he has another good outing today.
- Aaron Hicks will have now started all 17 games since his recall, all in center field.
- Drew Hutchinson threw a four-hit, complete game shutout versus the White Sox in his last start. It was by far his best outing of the season, which has had a few ups but more downs.
- The bottom half of Paul Molitor's batting order continues to be full of question marks and players you wouldn't expect to compete with. Can they surprise us all one more time and help Nolasco pull out a win today?
- Speaking of which, if Minnesota wins that will give them five series wins in a row and eight in their last nine.