This means, of course, that regardless of what happens in tonight's game, the Minnesota baseball Twins will at worst be tied for a wild card spot on July 4th, 2015, not only one area nation's birthday but also roughly the halfway point of the season. THINK ABOUT THAT SHIT.
In a season where the two best American League teams are perennial laughingstocks Kansas City and Houston, the Twins also being relevant shouldn't be surprising. But:
- July 4, 2014: 38-47, 11 GB
- July 4, 2013: 36-46, 9 GB
- July 4, 2012: 35-46, 9 GB
- July 4, 2011: 37-46, 8 GB
- July 4, 2010: 44-38, tied for division lead with Detroit
Why not us. Why not now.