Good morning, baseball enthusiasts. Here's what's going on:
- Playoff update: Yesterday's come-from-ahead loss to the Rangers knocked the Twins to three back in the wild card standings, with both the Rays and Orioles standing between the local nine and the Angels for the #2 spot. AGAIN: It is August 14, and you, Twins fan, can fret about this stuff. What a time to be alive.
- That said, the starting rotation this weekend is two emergency starters and a guy coming off the disabled list. Woof.
- Ervin Santana's ERA in his last four starts: 9.90. Did you guess that these were all losses? Good guess!
- Ken "Hawk" Harrelson is full of shit, which you already knew. But when he said the White Sox were better than the Royals, well, that was so egregious that Beyond the Box Score broke it down player-by-player to showcase Hawk's inaccuracy.
- There's literally no way Ricky Nolasco comes back this season, is there? I don't know why the team just doesn't come out and say it.
- No, you're crying.
- I know they happened on Wednesday, but I really think you need to watch Miguel Sano's home runs again, because you've earned it: