First Pitch: 1:10pm CDT
Radio: Go 96.3, TIBN, BOB FM
Know Thine Enemy: Halos Heaven
- It's Slumpbuster time.
- With Brian Dozier getting a day off, Eduardo Escobar will play second base.
- Eddie Rosario will hit second for the 11th time this year, the first time since August 14.
- Tommy Milone will skip his next start due to shoulder fatigue. Phil Hughes will start in his place, and will get 75-90 pitches to do his job.
- The Twins are trying to be careful with how many innings they give Tyler Duffey, but unless Ricky Nolasco finds his way back - and honestly, right now that wouldn't be the worst thing for this team - they don't have a lot of other options.
- For those scoring at home: Phil Hughes' health hangs in the balance due to his back, Tommy Milone is struggling with shoulder fatigue, Tyler Duffey can't be relied upon to start every fifth day and so probably wouldn't be available to start in the playoffs, Ricky Nolasco is still on the disabled list, Trevor May is now a reliever and is dealing with a sore back anyway, and Ervin Santana isn't available for the playoffs. Kyle Gibson and Mike Pelfrey are the only two healthy and fully available pitchers in Minnesota's stable of starters right now.
|LOS ANGELES ANGELS||MINNESOTA TWINS|
|Erick Aybar - SS||Aaron Hicks - CF|
|Kole Calhoun - RF||Eddie Rosario - LF|
|Mike Trout - CF||Joe Mauer - 1B|
|Albert Pujols - DH||Miguel Sano - DH|
|David Murphy - LF||Trevor Plouffe - 3B|
|C.J. Cron - 1B||Torii Hunter - RF|
|David Freese - 3B||Eduardo Escobar - 2B|
|Carlos Perez - C||Kurt Suzuki - C|
|Taylor Featherston - 2B||Eduardo Nunez - SS|
|Matt Shoemaker - RHP||Tyler Duffey - RHP|