Twins mascot TC Bear is the beloved, furry beast that entertains the crowd at Target Field, participates in Home Run Derbies with local shock jocks, and continues to run from a past he cannot escape. Anyway, please enjoy this work of speculative fiction about what he might be up to right now.
- Sitting in a dark Target Field storage closet, waiting for
the call of the Old Ones from The Time Before, when he can sit once again at the right hand of Xysnsyus, drinking deep from the cup of the souls of the damnedSpring Training.
- Attending a charity function as a representative of
an ancient evil, forgotten but never gone, a depthless black pulsing at the edge of the known world, ever waiting, always waitingthe Twins.
- Participating in a summit with other major league sports mascots as they discuss
how they will one day soon reign in awful power over this savage wasteland, where their names will be whispered in a panicked hush by the unfortunate few who survive The Shaking Deathbest practices and encouraging fan participation.
- Visiting a retirement home, posing for pictures with elderly fans and
wondering if they’re old enough to remember The Time Before, when “TC Bear” was “Oso the Butcher,” red in tooth and paw, mauling and plundering as was his right, and woe betide those who stood between him and his merest whimsigning autographs.
- Appearing at a local car dealership for a year-end clearance sale with
thoughts of cavorting in the bones and marrow of the defeated and innocent, oh, the longing for those days to be ushered in by Xysnsyus, may his reign be terrible and foreverKSTP’s Joe Schmit.