Hello! Here are the links:
- MLB recently severed ties with executive search group Korn Ferry, citing a conflict of interest and failure to promote minority candidates (the original reason for which the group was hired). Apparently, Korn Ferry was hiring too many candidates associated with the same group of white males originally from the Cleveland Indians. If you recall, Korn Ferry helped the Twins find their new Chief Baseball Officer, Derek Falvey, who came from the, uh, Indians...
- Looking for more awkwardness? Well, then, get ready for naked batting practice in high-altitude: The Colorado Rockies hired Mike Redmond as their new bench coach.
- Joe Mauer was inducted into the Florida State League Hall of Fame last week. Reflecting on his time down there, Mauer told the media, "A lot of the fans around of the FSL would tell me that they wished I would have played football.” Not awkward at all...
- Speaking of Mauer, he also topped SABR’s Defensive Index Rankings as far as Twins are concerned. His 1.6 SDI was fourth-best among AL first basemen.
- Twins prospect Nick Gordon, brother of Marlin shortstop Dee Gordon, was inspired by his brother’s miraculous home run in his first at-bat since the tragic death of his Marlins teammate, Jose Fernandez. “It was definitely a moment that’s going to go down in history,” Nick told the Pioneer Press. “I saw it on TV live, and it was definitely a proud moment for me. I talk to my brother every single day.”
- MLB ranked all nine of the inside the park home runs hit in 2016, and both of the ones hit by the Twins were near the top.
- The 2017 MLB Hall of Fame ballot was released yesterday, and includes two former huge, HUGE Twins.
- Just in case none of this was awkward enough for you, I’ll leave this here.