Hello, hello! Here are the links:
- Falvey and Levine got right to work with some roster clean up yesterday, outrighting former first round draft pick and rookie reliever Alex Wimmers back to triple-a. They also activated Glen Perkins, Phil Hughes, and Danny Santana from the 60-day disabled list, bringing the 40-man roster to 36 total.
- According to Rob Antony, Glen Perkins is going to be fine and ready to pitch when Spring Training 2017 starts. Sounds more like wishful thinking.
- Perkins also had some curious things to say about winning (or lack there of). “Obviously you want to win, but the opportunities I’ve had, how lucky I’ve been, to do the things I’ve done, it would be a lot more fun if we won more. But that’s baseball,” Perkins told Mike Berardino. He then went on, ““I can’t imagine the Indians feel a whole lot better than we do.” Uhh...
- Some habits die hard: Derek Falvey has apparently talked extensively with Terry Ryan, and may even offer him a position with the organization.
- Speaking of old friends, A.J. Pierzynski is not retiring. He’s filing papers to be a free agent this off-season, but whether any team wants him remains to be seen.
- Apparently Anthony Rizzo saved the ball from the final out of the Cubs’ recent World Series win and gave it to Cubs owner Tom Ricketts. A lot of people used it as an opportunity to rip on Doug Mientkiewicz on Twitter, forgetting he actually donated the ball from the 2004 World Series to the Baseball Hall of Fame (and doesn’t even have a Twitter account).