Stay warm with the following links:
- There is still one more coaching spot left on the major league staff, and many are speculating it could belong to former Twin and current AAA hitting coach Chad Allen. He flew to the DC area last week to meet with Derek Falvey and Thad Levine at the Winter Meetings.
- Ryan O’Rourke’s home town of Worcester, Massachusetts had a nice article about him, including this quote about his time spent in the majors with the Twins: "Last year [in 2015] we'd end a game and it was, like, we're one game closer to the playoffs. This year, it was, we're one game closer to the end of the year, because you knew we were not going to make the playoffs. It was tough, it was not the same, I can tell you that."
- Jim Crikket wrote an excellent blog post comparing recently-claimed minor league catcher Stuart Turner and other minor league catcher Mitch Garver.
- Carlos Guillen, general manager of the Venezuelan WBC team, is a big fan of Eduardo Escobar. "He's a very good guy inside the clubhouse,” Guillen told reporters with a laugh. “And out on the field, too."
- Also, not great news out of the Dominican Winter League: Jorge Polanco—playing second base—is only 7-for-43 (.163).