Wahoo! Here are the links:
- As you may have heard, Tom Mee—the first Minnesota Twins employee, and 2013 Twins Hall of Fame inductee—passed away last week. Tom Powers wrote this long retrospective on Mee back in 2007, recounting the time Billy Martin tries to punch him and A.J. Pierzynski tries to kill him. R.I.P. Tom.
- Remember a few weeks when the Twins tried to take
John Ryan MurphyAdam Brett Walker off the 40-man roster and he was claimed by the Brewers? Well, the Brewers tried to do the same thing and now Walker is an Oriole.
- Speaking of outrighting former Twins, Chris Colabello is now a free agent again.
- Former Twins GM Bill Smith received some kind of award at the Winter Meetings?
- Long-time Twins scout Larry Corrigan was also honored Monday as the Midwest Scout of the Year. Corrigan drafted both Toii Hunter and Jason Veritek in his two-year stint as Twins scouting director (Veritek, obviously, didn’t sign).
- 20-80 Baseball has a pretty thorough Twins organizational review you might want to check out, if you’re in to that sort of thing.
- Apparently, the new CBA outlaws rookie hazing traditions (you know, where they make them dress up in costumes and stuff), and LaTroy Hawkins is not a fan.
What a shame. I did it and everyone before me did it as well.... it was a gesture from the vets the I Had MADE IT https://t.co/OF06mXKIIf— LaTroy Hawkins (@LaTroyHawkins32) December 3, 2016
LaTroy has a lot of back-and-forth with fans, which you can read on his Twitter time line.
Hearing any other rumors coming out of the Winter Meetings today? Feel free to discuss those too!