SPRING TRAINING HAS SPRUNG! THE LINKS:
- Paul Molitor, Fun Cop, has banned hover boards from the Twins clubhouse.
- LaTroy Hawkins is in camp because Terry Ryan asked him to "just come hang out [and let's get the band back together]."
- Speaking of the band, Torii Hunter is at camp teaching Miguel Sano how to play right field.
- And Torii is not going near a bat.
- New Twins catcher John Ryan Stills Crosby Nash Murphy has impressed Paul Molitor with his transition to his new team.
- All the Twins players wore shirts in honor of Rod Carew on the first day of workouts, which (surprise, surprise) made Rod cry.
- Brian Dozier is not happy about the new rule allowing replays on the "neighborhood play" at second base.
- Byung-Ho Park thinks the Twins laugh too much.
- Outfield Veteran Ryan Sweeney got a job with the Twins because his manager happened to run into Terry Ryan at the airport.
- Kenny Vargas, Danny Santana, and especially Oswaldo Arcia are under a lot of pressure to get their act together this spring. "It's up to them to come in and make my life difficult when it comes time for decision-making," Terry Ryan said.
- Phil Hughes, Brian Dozier, Trevor Plouffe, and Glen Perkins welcomed Byung-Ho Park to the USA last night by inviting him over to watch The Bachelor.
- Hell yeah, this picture of the FREAKING BAND BACK TOGETHER:
The squad wearing #HeartOf29 shirts today in support of Rod Carew. Learn more >> https://t.co/gLL4Q0eI41 pic.twitter.com/CVQ5SmJePq— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) February 27, 2016