Today is an off day for the Twins so, as fans of an 0-7 team, what is one to do? I'd like to think of this as a community project so, if you have other suggestions, feel free to add to this list in the comments section.
- Start that term project you've been putting off. (Not applicable to most people)
- Start that OTHER term project you've been putting off. (see above)
- Continuously remind yourself that last years team started 1-6.
- Wonder how many losses it will take for the team to collapse into a black hole.
- Observe that it seems Ricky Nolasco is your team's best starter, and Eduardo Escobar is your second best hitter.
- Hurdle up into a ball and watch reruns of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I like the one where Joey says something stupid.
- Revise your schedule to fit in time for sobbing in a corner.
- Feel comfort in that Eduardo Nunez continues to lose his helmet, even when hes hit by a pitch. Some things never change.
- Surround yourself with other miserable Twins fans, because misery does indeed love company.
- Begin to think that, if you were in charge of things, "those bats wouldn't be sitting on their shoulders." This is straight from my uncle. I haven't talked to him since the start of the season, but I imagine him saying this.
- Start finding an NL team to root for. (Personally, mine is the Giants)
Finally, to adapt an old fishing saying, the worst day of baseball is still better than the best day at work.