This one was winnable. It really was. There were many positives: The Twins came from behind to tie the game twice. Byung Ho Park hit another monster moonshot into the second deck. Eddie Rosario tied the game with his own pinch-hit two-run dinger. Joe Mauer, uh, walked twice. Eduardo Nunez continued to be en fuego with an RBI double, a run scored, and a walk.
Unfortunately, all these positives were washed away almost entirely by two terrible fielding errors.
The first of these errors was made by Miguel Sano in the top of the 5th inning. With the game tied 2-2, Sano mistimed a routine sinking liner by Scooter Gennett that would have been the second out. Instead, the Brewers went on to smack the ball around and score three runs. Seriously, just look at this. We were warned there would be growing pains with Sano learning his new position, and there you have it.
The second, and more surprising, error was made by Byron Buxton in the 9th inning. Again, with the game tied 5-5 and one out, Yadiel Rivera (Side Note: who the hell are these people playing for the Brewers?) hit a fly ball to center field where Byron Buxton was waiting. Only problem? Buxton dropped the ball, and Rivera went on to score the winning run.
Let's try to learn from this one, boys.
- Byung Ho Park: 2-for-4, quickly ignited flies ball.
- Eddie Rosario: 1-for-1, 2 run home run.
- Joe Mauer: It's his birthday. Happy 33rd birthday, Joe!
- Fernando Abad: 1.2 innings pitched, 0 earned runs, 2 strikeouts.
- Michael Tonkin: 0.2 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts.
- Ryan O'Rourke: 0.2 innings pitched, 2 strikeouts.
- Miguel Sano: Dude...
- Byron Buxton: Oh come on...
Presenting today's TOP TEN GAME THREAD COMMENTERS: