Hope you stayed dry, Twins fans! Here are today's links:
- Asked to explain his choice of batting Joe Mauer first last night (in a game that never actually ended up happening), Paul Molitor said: "If you look at our talent at the people that we have, in a lot of ways you could make an argument that Joe is our best No. 1 hitter, your best No. 2 hitter, your best No. 3 hitter."
- Eduardo Escobar was the emergency, back-up catcher. He's on the DL, so now what? (And no, don't go there.)
- Well here's something I like to hear from Twins players: "We owe a lot of teams some whuppins, and the Orioles are one of them," Trevor Plouffe said.
- Why are things so wrong that St. Cloud Times' Dave DeLand is making sense?
- Executives of the AAA Rochester Red Wings are claiming they are happy with practically everyday roster moves.
- Captain Chemistry is enjoying his new life as a gym rat and also playing golf.
- ESPN had an, uh, nice little piece a week ago about how the Twins value scouting over analytics.
- Because you know it's crossed everyone's mind: What would Torii Hunter do?