Things were looking really bad for the Twins early tonight. Like, really bad. Rookie top prospect Jose Berrios couldn't even make it out of the first inning. Pat Dean (better known as "Dat Pean") came in to finish the inning, but not before the Tigers batted around and scored eight runs.
I'm sure many Twins fans turned off the TV right there, but wait! Yee of little faith! The Twins slowly battled their way back, with help from three errors by the Tigers. Kurt Suzuki hit a two-run home run in the top of the second, his first home run of the year. Miguel Sano hit a solo shot in the top of the third, his sixth of the year. In the top of the fourth, the Twins got their piranha ball on, scoring four runs thanks mostly to hits by Trevor Plouffe, Eddie Rosario, Suzuki, Danny Santana, Eduardo Nunez, and Miguel Sano (throw a big LOL error by the Tigers in there when they threw the ball into the outfield).
It wasn't until the seventh when the Twins officially crawled out of their first inning hole. With two outs, Byung Ho Park doubled, and then scored on a fielding error by J.D. Martinez during Trevor Plouffe's at-bat. Things were looking great for the Twins, who somehow miraculous climbed back into this game.
But that's where the magic ended. Tiger Nick Castellanos hit a solo shot in the bottom of the seventh to put the Tigers back up by one, and J.D. Martinez added on with his own solo-shot the next inning to put them up by two. The Twins were unable to stage another comeback, and lost 10-8.
- Tigers manager Brad Ausmus did his best Torii Hunter, stripping off his shirt and hat after getting ejected in the bottom of the fourth for arguing the strike zone. It was fairly NSFW.
- Pat Dean: 5.1 inning pitched, 10 hits, only 2 earned runs.
- Kurt Suzuki: 2-for-4, 2 runs, 2 RBI, 0 strikeouts.
- Miguel Sano: 2-for-5, 1 home run, 1 run, 2 RBI.
- Jose Berrios: 0.2 innings pitched, 7 earned runs, 4 walks, 1 strikeout.
- Joe Mauer: 0-for-5, 2 strikeouts, 0 walks.
|4||less cowbell, more 'neau||31|
|18||Manna from Heaven||1|