I’m still sad about Prince, but we must press on. So here are the links:
- Here’s a fun fact: No Twins starting pitcher in team history has started four times in a season and finished with a higher earned-run average than Hector Santiago’s current 10.89. Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press spoke with Santiago about his efforts to turn things around in Minnesota.
- In a strange show of emotion, Paul Molitor was frustrated and pissed off about the Royals’ four-game sweep of the Twins. “They make plays,” Molitor said about the Royals. “We’re trying to getting to that point. Those guys look forward to making plays. They don’t back off.”
- In fact, Lee Judge of the Kansas City Star wrote an entire article about how the Twins have helped the Royals win, and literally one of the reasons is Drew Butera.
- In case you missed it: Old friend Danny Valencia apparently punched his teammate Billy Butler in the face the other day over something about shoes. Lots of their A’s teammates came out supporting Valencia, but our sister site Athletic’s Nation is apparently fed up with both players.
- The Twins extended their minor league affiliate deal with the Rochester Red Wings last week. “We're very happily married with the Minnesota Twins," Wings general manager Dan Mason said in a press conference announcing the deal last Friday.
- You might have missed this, but the Nationals acquired AAA pitcher Sean Burnett from the Twins last week.
- The Twins are desperately trying to get Jose Berrios to pickup the pace on the mound.
- Ted has a very interestingly written piece over at Twins Daily about Jorge Polanco being “what’s wrong with Minnesota.”