Let’s get straight to the point here: Brian Dozier hit his fortieth dinger, becoming only the second Twin to ever hit so many in a season (behind Harmon Killebrew, of course). Alas, the Twins still lost. Because the Twins suck.
The Twins actually were leading 2-1 after Kurt Suzuki hit a solo-home run in the top of the 4th inning, adding on to Brian Dozier’s solo home run in the top of the 3rd inning, but that lead didn’t last. The Tigers slid into home on a couple of close plays in the bottom of the 7th inning that would have made Nick Punto proud. Then, in the 8th inning, Miguel Cabrera smacked another dinger for the Tigers, just for good measure.
- Brian Dozier: I mean, duh.
- J.T. Chargios: 1.0 inning pitched, 0 hits, 0 walks, 1 strikeout.
- Max Kepler: 0-for-4, 2 strikeouts.
- Robbie Grossman: 1-for-5, 2 strikeouts, was the fricken’ DH!?!?
- Alex Wimmers: 1.0 inning pitched, 2 earned runs, 1 walk, 1 strikeout.
ROBOT ROLL CALL
|4||less cowbell, more 'neau||14|
|7||Wrong Side of the St. Croix||3|