Area Minnesota Twins fan, Jake DelHaney has declined to interview with the team for a position in their front office. We caught up with Jake today.
"Yeah, Jimmy called me up the other day and said, 'Jake! I see you're a season ticket holder, and we like to take care of people inside our organization. We'd like to have you come in for an interview.' "
When asked why he'd decline such an offer, Jake said, "Well, I'm in college and I just think that managing the day-to-day operations of a Major League Baseball organization and learning how the heck integrals work would be a big time crunch. I just have a lot of things going on right now."
Jake's name is just another in the long list of names of people who have declined to be in the Twins FO, which includes:
- The actor in the Barney (the dinosaur) suit
- That guy in those AT&T commercials.
- The actor who played Anakin in "The Phantom Menace."
- A JUGS pitching machine.
- Mike Pelfrey. Quote: "I'm still playing baseball, jeez."
- Brian Dozier's hair.
- Joe Mauer's sideburns from 2009.
- The statue of Kirby Puckett outside of Target Field.
- The Target dog, Bullseye.
- Me, as I was writing this.