Let's lead with the good news. Byron Buxton did this:
Minnesota Twins (@Twins) September 24, 2016
That leaping catch kept the Mariners from turning a 1-0 game into a 4-0 game, which would have been important if not for the Twins bullpen, which failed to take advantage of Kyle Gibson only giving up two runs in five innings (peak 2016 Gibby) in a mortifying 7th inning. Four pitchers took the mound, Robbie Grossman committed two errors on one play, and the M's pushed six runs across the plate, and they cruised to an 8-1 victory.
That Grossman play, BTW:
Other things of note:
- The Twins got their run on a Miguel Sano triple and Kennys Vargas single.
- Nelson Cruz stroked a monstrous dong in the 8th to dead center.
- Mariners starter James Paxton was strong as hell, going seven innings, giving up just the one run and striking out nine.
- Despite the crushing victory, the Mariners stayed two games back in the Wild Card race.
- Arquimedes Caminero is a perfect name.
Just a little over a week to go, folks. The finish line is in sight.
ROBOT ROLL CALL
|4||less cowbell, more 'neau||24|
CHARTS & GRAPHS
Enjoy your weekend, everybody.