There’s not much happening, but I found some stuff for ya:
- If you’re expecting the Twins to sign Yu Darvish by Christmas so that we have real news to talk about, I actually have bad news for you. Though the Twins continue to insist they are serious about pursuing Darvish, one official told LEN3 he thinks it will be another MONTH before Darvish signs anywhere.
- And he might not even sign with the Twins anyway. According to Yu Darvish’s Twitter page, he met with the Chicago Cubs for 3 and 1⁄2 hours yesterday — without an interpreter! Darvish said the meeting was, “Very nice.”
1.今日は報道にもあったようにカブスの方達とミーティングしてきました。非常にいいミーティングでした。— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) December 19, 2017
2.ただ質問が多かった分発言の機会が多く、かなり脳を使ったためここ10年で一番疲れたんじゃないかってぐらい疲れました。。— ダルビッシュ有(Yu Darvish) (@faridyu) December 19, 2017
- The 2017 World Champion Astros are also interested in Yu Darvish, despite the fact they beat up on him during the World Series.
- Hey, remember Jelfrey Marte, the international prospect the Twins signed last July? But then they voided the contract and $3 million signing bonus because he had bad vision? Some thought he might re-sign with the Twins for a smaller bonus, but he actually signed with the Rays for $820,000.
- The Twins made a different signing though! They picked up, uh, Tanner Kiest from something called the United Shore Professional Baseball League. Apparently it’s an independent baseball league that started in 2016. Anyway, the 23-year-old righty held a 3.43 ERA over 48.0 innings there last year, with a team-leading 78 strikeouts.
- The rookie ball Elizabethton Twins are getting stadium upgrades. No really, there isn’t much news out there.