Happy Boxing Day! Here’s some Twins tidbits for you:
- Jon Heyman has reported that the Twins are in “serious talks” with veteran first baseman and DH Mike Napoli, which strikes me as odd considering the number of players the Twins already have at those positions.
- As it turns out, MLB.com’s Mike Feinsand is saying the Twins-Napoli rumors have been overblown, and nothing is actually imminent. Mike Beradino seems to agree, saying the front office is still far more focused on pitching. So, no, you aren’t just taking crazy pills.
- Speaking of signing pitching, Darren Wolfson reports that the Twins have yet to hold a face-to-face meeting with top free agent Yu Darvish. They hope to set up a meeting soon, and maybe now that the holidays are winding down...?
- FSN held a Twins Town Hall last week with Thad Levine, Derek Falvey, Paul Molitor, and Joe Mauer all asking fan questions. I didn’t get to see it, but you can watch the hour-plus long program online for free! I’m sure Joe Mauer had a lot of interesting things to say.
- Torii Hunter Jr. — son of former Twins star Torii Hunter — got an extra special Christmas gift yesterday: Torii Hunter III.
This feels unreal! Couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas gift! My wife is tough as nails too. I don’t know if I could’ve endured what she’s had to these past 10 months. I love you Selina and welcome to the world my son!! pic.twitter.com/rp2S8ICf5p— Torii Hunter Jr. (@THunterJr) December 26, 2017
- Anyone else get cool Twins holiday present this year? Show ‘em off!