- The Twins are still looking for free agents, but are focusing on the pitchers. Justin Masterson (former Indian) might be an option; the Twins attended his workout recently. Though, the interest appears to be passive.
- Front office assistants Michael Cuddyer and LaTroy Hawkins helped lure Matt Belisle to the Twins, writes Mike Berardino. Looks like getting the band back together is helping already!
- Tom Kelly isn’t going to spring training this year, in case you didn’t hear. Mike Berardino has a nice write up on how that will affect spring training. Spoiler: Everyone’s bummed out about it.
- The Alexandria Times has a nice article on Alexandria native and Twins GM, Thad Levine. Apparently he’s always had a thing for numbers.
- Justin Haley’s windup has led his teammates to call him Wyatt Earp.
- In news that makes you go “Hmmm?”: Yankees president Randy Levine said the $5 million Dellin Betances requested in arbitration ”had no bearings in reality.” The hearing sided with the Yankees at $3 million. Why is Levine going out of his way to say this? Also, I know what you’re thinking, he and Thad don’t appear to be related.
- The Dodgers didn’t trade for Brian Dozier and now they’ve re-signed Chase Utley, for some reason.
- Are you ready for a zombie apocalypse? Yasiel Puig and J.D. Martinez are, since they received barbed wire bats from “The Walking Dead.”
But most importantly...
The first spring training game for the Twins is Friday, so (exhibition) baseball is nearly here! If you’re wondering where you can watch/listen to these games, we’ve got you covered.
Enjoy your Sunday, everyone! Oh yeah, and what’s your zombie plan? Everyone should have one, probably.