Howdy! Here are the links:
- Derek Falvey recently sat down for a Q&A session with a Fargo-Moorehead newspaper. One of the questions they ask is how they are going to use analytics to help Joe Mauer, which I just love.
- Twins minor leaguers have to officially report to camp today, thought 95% of them have already been in camp. Twins minor league expert Seth Stohs has a nice little preview.
- Despite some struggles, the Twins have reportedly been impressed with Rule 5 Draft Pick Justin Haley. Specifically, Paul Molitor said Haley has, “good eyes.”
- With the WBC underway, a butt-load of Twins players left camp yesterday to join team Puerto Rico. Thad Levine is watching closely to see how the players—which include Eddie Rosario, Jose Berrios, Kennys Vargas, Hector Santiago, and Dereck “Son of Pudge” Rodriguez—will be used in games.
- Speaking of leaving camp, Brian Dozier was gone yesterday to attend his Grandmother’s funeral. He’ll be back for Wednesday night’s game against team USA. RIP Grandma Dozier.
- Grant Brisbee ranked all the months of the year according to how good they are for baseball, and says that we’re in the middle of the worst baseball month right now. I don’t really get that either because there are some months of the year where there is no baseball, so...
- Beyond the Box Score found that ByungHo Park hits balls harder into the air than into the ground, and this is supposedly a bad thing, I guess.
- Apparently Fernando Abad is having abad spring with the Red Sox, and might not make the roster. Ha! Totally got Pat Light for free, suckers.