Good morning Twinkie Territory! We are now a full week into the season and are not the worst! In fact, as I write this the Twins have the best record in the American league. So figure out your world series watching party plans now, because #TwinsWin.
Your soundtrack this week is Sleep is for the Weak by The Dreadnoughts, whom I just discovered. Polka really isn’t dead.
- Mike Berardino, whose name I could have sworn was Mike Bernadino, of the Pioneer Press reports that the Twins are considering two lefty hurlers to take with their #1 draft pick this year. One out of high-school and one out of college. Both, interestingly enough, are two-way players currently. That likely won’t continue but Shohei Otani has made it fun to dream!
- From the same publication, the Twins remain committed to giving Byron Buxton a shot this year. Buxton has struck out in, I think, 99.999 repeating percent of his plate appearances this year, and people again are throwing around the mega-clever Byron Buston nickname.
- Speaking of players taken out of high-school: Teams should apparently stop doing that. You’ll never guess who is name-dropped in this article!
- John Sickels of Minor League Ball profiled the Twins’ rule 5 pick, Justin Haley. It isn’t glowing, but it aint bad either.
- And the best link this week is ESPNW interviewing the adorable Sue Nelson, the longtime organist at the Dome/Target Field. One day that will be my job!