Happy Tuesday, Twins fans! Here are the links:
- Did you hear? The Indians are in town! That means reporters get to ask Terry Francona all his best Derek Falvey stories—like the time Terry knocked his glasses off the nightstand, accidentally stepped on them, and called Falvey for help. “He called me about 7:15 in the morning,” Falvey confirmed. “This is Day 3 of knowing him. He said, ‘Can you find me a glasses store?’”
- “He’s very special, and it’s not just me,” Terry Francona also told reporters about Falvey. “Everybody wanted to get a piece of him today. That’s because he was so important to everything we did around here, and he’s such a good guy.
Plus I might still be blind and glasses-less without him even though all he had to do was pop the lenses back into the frames.”
- A local Cleveland paper also did a piece on Derek Falvey and his new job, and it even included videos!
- Is it just me, or is CBS local’s headline for their recap of yesterday’s game hilarious? Read it and weep: “Mauer’s Fly Out In Bottom Of The 9th Seals Indians’ Win Over Twins, 3-1”
- Puckett’s Pond also decided to put together their All-Time Twins Dream Team and you won’t believe what fly-out hitting monster they selected at catcher.
- Forbes just got around to writing a season preview for the Twins, I guess, and also took some swipes at Mauer.
- Did you know the Twins signed a couple of guys from Moldova? It’s true, and obviously the guys are related because there aren’t many baseball-playing families from Moldova. Anyway, Seth Stohs has their story over at Twins Daily.